Best 360 Cameras for Virtual Tours
Intro to best 360 cameras for virtual tours
It comes with little surprise that 360° cameras are useful for many business owners. Notably, those working in real estate, gastronomy, and retailing will benefit more. This is because 360° cameras allow them to create virtual tours of any place. This tour can consist of a custom-made tour with little flexibility or one that lets the customer navigate freely. You might be telling yourself: “ok cool, a tour, but is it worth the investment?” and let me tell you, it most likely does. I’ll give you 3 of the large number of benefits that a virtual tour has:
- A natural eye-catcher: everyone will love to see the place online.
- Customer-friendly: saves them time by looking at the options in advance and in
- Cost-efficient: decrease number of tours that never concreted in a sale since those coming will be more interested.
One last thing worth mentioning is that all products listed below (except the last one) support live streaming. This is important because you could give the tour as in real life, with real-time interactions. Of course, you could do something similar without going live at the spot, but some opportunities might be lost. Anyway, this option is at least worth thinking about. Said that I hope I don’t have to convince you any longer. Now I will introduce you to some of the most interesting products out there. We will take about 6 products, give a little introduction, and then focus on prices, features, and specs. Let’s begin, shall we?
Insta one 360
It’s a smart, small, pretty, accessible, complete, and useful product. Can connect to a cell phone on the go and go live as well!
Insta one 360 Features
- Bullet time: Stops everything and gives a 360° view of the surrounding up to natural 120fps.
- Flow State stabilization: designed to reduce camera shaking so that the video looks professionally made.
- Cinematic editing: with a click, you can set the video’s focus, and the app will center around it.
- Drift shots: an accessory that lets you throw the camera for those epic aerials.
- Timeshift: cinematic slow-mo or hyper-lapse.
- Color Plus, Story editor, and True editor
- Easy aerial shots: deletes the official selfie stick from the shot.
- GPS remote track keeps GPS data.
Insta one 360 Specs:
- Capture resolution: 5.7k video and 18MP photo.
- Stabilization: built-in 6-axis gyroscopic stabilization
- Apple. IOS 10.0 (include iPhone 6s/6s plus)
- Android. Support OTG, Android version 5.1(64 bits), 2GB ram, 5G Wi-Fi, and SOC Qualcomm 653/ Qualcomm 820 / Kirin 950/ Exynos 8890 (e.g., Samsung S7)
- Battery endurance: roughly 60 minutes of 5.7K at30FPS
- Weight 115gr with battery
- Dimensions : 9,6cm3,6cmx2,5cm（DxWxH） micro-USB. USB micro-SD (UHS-I v30 speed class recommended) up to 256GB max
- Bluetooth 4.0, WIFI 5G
Price: Official page starting from 400USD in the US or 460 Euro in Europe.
Insta360 One X2
A superior product in the X series that things to a new level and offers important additional features.
Insta360 One X2 Features:
- Double camera (back and front), HDR
- Bullet time 3.0: horizon lock, smart speed ramping and others, Timeshift Freeze frame
- Horizon lock: tap the horizon, and it will automatically level it up as you move the camera.
- Flow State stabilization and Live streaming support
- Deep track 2.0: superior target locking. 4 mic 360° spatial audio. An immersive sound that also amplifies your voice and reduces wind noise.
- GPS smart remote, Invisible selfie stick, Voice control
AI-related: ghost town mode, 360° auto frame, pure shoot (best lighting and noise reduction).
- Ghost town: delete all people from your shot!
- Shot lab: one-tap cinematic edits with many templates that upload constantly.
- Fly through. Make it seem like your camera passed through a narrow space, while in reality, you stop recording and resumed from the other side
- Battery capacity is 55% higher than one X
Insta360 One X2 Specs:
- 7.2 mm focal length and 6 axes gyroscope
- Photo resolution 18. 48 MP and Video up to 5.7k at 30 fps
Compatibility for best performance (recommended):
- IOs 11.0 (8⁄8 plus) or Android Kirin 980 Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 Exynos 981 (e.g., Samsung S9).
- Bluetooth 4.2 and USB type C
- Micro USD UHS-I V30 speed class, exFAT format SD cards with a max storage of 1TB are recommended.
- Weight: 149 g
- Battery run time: 5.7K@30fps – 80 minutes.
Price: Official page starting from 489 Euro in Europe and 469 USD in the US
GoPro Hero Max
It’s a long-time competitor in the 360° cameras scene, in which superiority is highlighted.
GoPro Hero Max Features:
- 3 cameras in one
- Max Hyper Smooth: excellent stabilization
- Digital lenses: 4 in total: narrow, linear, wide, and super view (widest)
- Reframing: easy conversion to traditional video or photos, everything from the phone
- PowerPano: Levels the horizon and 270 degrees panoramic
- 360° spatial audio: 6 built-in microphones with wind noise and best stereo sound from a GoPro
- Max time wrap: time lapses with options to drop in and out in real-time.
- 2 x Slow mow, app support
- Easy live support up to 1080p
GoPro Hero Max Specs:
- Photo: 18 MP source and 6k source video
- Bluetooth and Wi-Fi, voice command, Built-in mounting
- Battery life: 5.6k at 30fps- 78 minutes
Official page from 399 USD in the US with a 1-year subscription or 499 USD alone. For Europe 430 Euro with the subscription or 530 Euro alone.
The subscription comes with unlimited cloud storage 2 paid trade-in options, premium support, discount, etc.
Ricoh Theta V
A customizable, affordable, integral product that has as many potentials as caveats.
Ricoh Theta V Features:
- 360° live streaming in 4k HDR
- 4 microphones 360° spatial audio
- Qualcomm’s’ Snapdragon technology: transfer speeds 2.5x faster than previous models
- A dedicated app and easy conversion to social media formats (live streaming included)
- Android OS: Lets you customize it and use plugins from Ricoh and third parties
- Noise reduction, DR correction, interval shooting, stabilization, etc
Ricoh Theta V Specs:
- Video resolution of 4k 30fps and Image of 14 MP
- 45.2 mm (W) x 130.6 mm (H) x 22.9 mm
- Approx. 121 g
- Internal memory: Approx. 19GB
- Battery duration: Video approx. 80 minutes
- Wi-Fi Bluetooth, Bluetooth, USB support
We mention the internal storage for these Ricoh products because they don’t support SDs. However, you can use a USB to increase its storage.
Prices: Based on Amazon: 380 USD or 399 Euro.
Ricoh Theta Z1
This one is an upper-end product that promises to pay off quite well.
Ricoh Theta Z1 Features:
- Great image sensor and noise reduction.
- A superior F5.6 lens aperture
- 360° 4k live streaming
- 4 channel 360° spatial audio
- Dedicated editing apps (cell phone and desktop)
- Android OS, Image stabilization, Noise reduction, DR correction, interval shooting, stabilization, and others
- No memory card slot but USB type C support
- Qualcomm’s’ Snapdragon technology
Ricoh Theta Z1 Specs:
- Video resolution: 4 k video 30fps
- Image resolution: approx. 24 MP
- Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, Voice command, and various plugins
- Battery duration: 60 minutes of video
Price: Amazon: From 997 USD or 840 Euro.
Matterport Pro 2
It’s the ultimate 3D capture camera for those aiming at insanely detailed virtual tours. Its 3D image is amazing! Think of google street viewer but with the best quality and movement options imaginable.
Matterport Pro 2 Features:
- High-quality 3D HDR 4k capture
- Average processing time 24 hours
- Only IOs devices support
- 99% accuracy within a range
- Infrared 3D sensors
Matterport Pro 2 Specs:
- Export images up to 8092px x 4552px with 300° (vertical) field of view 230 x 260 x 110 mm
- Video resolution 4k and Image 134MP
- Weight: 3.4 kg
- GPS incorporated (keeps data)
- WIFI to transfer data with devices
- Battery duration: Scan 8 hours on one charge
Price: according to their official site: 3395 USD or 3180 Euro.
This is it for this article. As always, we appreciate your time reading it. We hope it has been very useful.